Monday, November 8, 2010

An Update from Jan!

I am very happy to report that I became stable enough to return home from Emory University Hospital on October 28.   I am still very weak and using a walker to get around the house.   My family is taking really good care of me while I work to regain my strength.  I dream about seeing the inside of my office again.  You can’t imagine how moved I am by all of the greetings, calls, and words of encouragement I have received.  My colleagues have been amazing as they have gathered together to help my assistants carry on my work.  This has all meant so much to me.  I had no idea that when I was admitted to St. Joseph’s/Candler on October 7th for a procedure to replace the ICD in my chest that I would have a minor stroke and get to the point where the doctors there felt that I needed to be airlifted to Emory.  Months ago when my heart rhythm became very erratic, there was some talk about a heart transplant, but when I was admitted to Emory this talk became very serious.  Please continue to keep me in your prayers.  And, thanks again for all that you are doing in small and large ways to help me.  I am very appreciative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment